The Headless Chicken.
By day, she poses as mild-mannered marjory, under-employed translator, living an ordinary life in an ordinary town. That was until an incident involving a feather boa, a pot of radioactive Darjeeling and a gene-splicer.
Finding tights 'too fiddly' (see BEAK SQUAD #3), The Headless Chicken has opted for the more comfortable option of velveteen trousers when she must go out and save the world. The Headless Chicken is most often seen with The Stick of Balance and the Glasses of Clarity, the purpose of which have hitherto not been revealed.
To fight evil-doers, to get 8 hours of sleep a night and to have a good time.
- Squawk of Doom - generally uttered when the ground comes rushing up to meet her tender, chicken bones either literally or figuratively. This occasionally helps in the battle against evil-doers.
- Translation of Lightning - the chicken brain is apparently adept at translations and nerdishly ordering artifacts according to date and provenance.
- Imperturbable - I wish!
- Tea - The Headless Chicken has been known to divert the entire course of missions, rivers and history when the siren call of tea becomes too strong.
This was a focal point of GALLIFORM NIGHTS #27, when the hydra-headed arch-villain Dr. Grue almost bested our heroine via the ruse of a trap consisting of a pot of Earl Grey, a slice of fresh lemon and a pair of Hobnobs. He must never discover that coffee is her bane.
- Charity Shops - See tea. Aficionados will note that much of The Headless Chicken's costume and gear is made up of thrift store finds. The walls of her secret hideaway are constructed from books rescued in this way and the shelves of The Chicken Lab are lined with artifacts which will come in handy one day, usually bright and shiny.
- Patrick Bergin/Alan Rickman.
SIDE-KICKS & HENCHMEN
One small cat who has the ability to transform when the sun goes down into a creature known as The Clawed Fury, dedicated to quashing the evil machinations of C.H.E.E.S.E., T.U.N.A. and M.O.T.H. (see separate entry).
One companion known as dr_mitch who is superficially the brains of the operation. Well, actually and admittedly the brains of the operation. He does the maths and stuff.
Tongue firmly wedged in cheek, but you'll see that as therealljidol progresses...